Friday, May 13, 2011

circles
I have wanted nothing but you
I have wanted you for years.
Since before your smile grew up.
Then i decided i wanted to hide in your heart.
Even when I had you I wanted you.
Even then, It was always like you were just out of reach.
Just as now, you are just out of reach.
I am relentlessly hopeful
Delusioned with the thought of you in front of me
I am hopeful that you know me
I am hopeful you know you can make me happy.
I think you underestimate the courage of your love
I think you underestimate your ability to make me smile
Or do I overestimate?
Is it an overestimation if my heart only understands your eyes?
Am I mistaken that my love can only find its smile while reflecting pieces of yours?
I have wanted nothing but you.
A whole you.
I have wholly wanted nothing but you,
As a whole
Wanted you to be whole enough to give of yourself wholly
Wanted for you to love me relentlessly
Wanted you to show me
Wanted you to know that these tears matter
Wanted to know what matters to you
I have wanted you closer
I have always wanted you closer.
I wish you were closer.
I have wanted nothing but for you to know that I always want you closer
I know this feeling
I have been here before
unbalanced, unpredictable
I have never liked it
You are my balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment