Sunday, August 15, 2010

a love letter to sound

What am I drawn to?
I am drawn to you
Your dramatic sound resonates relentlessly escaping brass
Trumpet shouts have never been so persuasive
Guitar strums accompany your strength
But your smoothness is what carries me.
I hear you for blocks
Resembling the first few bars of "loves speakeasy"
Yell those chords baby
Shout those blues
It's like my movements are the kick drum to your soul
Your notes carry me
Two wheels to destiny
Music breathed so deep
I go wherever my heart takes me
& I came to you
Don't worry.
I feel you
I hear you sneaking up too
The sweetness of your saxophone teases me,
Like an unconditional love I've never known
Your sweet nothings dance on my earlobes
Your complexity silences my thought
Too perfect to be tarnished by the tangible.
You move me through the streets
Instilling Grace without restriction
Allowing me the freedom of large spaces
And ease of passing faces
Your notes move me to liberation

& finally
For just a few moments
I am unburdened

No comments:

Post a Comment