Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My mind wanders to him...

Unwillingly. Against all my control. Despite distraction in all its forms, my heart yearns for him. Habit makes me want him. Its hurts me to my soul...every day to work away from what it used to be. The nostalgia is inevitable. I hear the lyrics again...

"Fingertips on the small of my back
More valuable than all I own
Like your precious, precious, precious, precious dark skin tone"

Its like he never left. He's still laying there, the warmth of his arm against mine and i still hear him - "It was the sweet, sweet, sweetest thing i've know"

From time to time my I wander adding things to my mental to do list. i figure if I put enough on it i'll never get to actually dealing with how much i miss him...but i always wander right back to him. my head knows better. no going back.

can i love another?

3 comments:

  1. yes. one day. never the same way but, yes.
    and he'll see you as a daily promise, not an obligation.
    i love you, everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the time comes
    When you're ready and
    When the universe believes you are as well
    You will understand why it is meant for you
    To feel what you do now,
    To hurt in every part of your being.
    When it's time - you will understand.
    And that's when your stars will align.
    Be patience and let life happen on it's own course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that lady is smart; listen to her. i do. :)

    ReplyDelete