Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mys-tique Nightcrawler Rogue

Every so often in life every one of us is granted our share of miracles. Now miracles are often thought to be those things that "Wow". That one thing you've longed for as a kid you've finally achieved, an experience you could have only imagined in your dreams somehow magically presenting itself, meeting your favorite celebrity completely by chance and ending up becoming friends. While this breed of occurrences is nothing short of awesome, what about the miracles that happen incrementally? It's like they get overlooked because there isn't one specific moment they can be pinned to. How simple minded of us (or maybe its just me) not to appreciate them simply because our concept of time allows for overwhelming emotion to be more memorable when tied to one moment rather than a series of associated moments, people or locations. What is this obsession with time? (another topic for another day)

Really this post is meant to take a step back. More often then not, we are to caught up in making it through our days without making ourselves crazy that we do not get these opportunities. I'd like to take this one to appreciate a miracle.

Its happened incrementally. and blossomed beautifully. With additions always welcome, we celebrate each other. In the last two months i've had the pleasure of watching/ partaking in the growth of friendship that is the stuff that lasts for lifetimes. These women are the type who will change the world. They push you to make you better. They listen so well that they make up the few of the masses that ask the right questions. Insightful, educated questions. The questions that test you and force you to reflect. In knowing them, i have come to know myself better. I've been able to articulate out loud things that i've hidden from all my life (or at least failed to mention because i knew nobody understood me enough to even notice). They have opened my mind and made me a better version of myself. For that I am forever indebted.

Like most women, especially most women of our generation we are an enigmatic bunch. A laundry list of adjectives does not suffice in describing these women. They are strong and compassionate. Hardened by realities and driven dreams. Carriers of a cynicism that materializes in an unrelenting desire to change the world. We are simple in our desires but the complexities amongst us muddle the clarity of our paths.

They change lives (Muahha but actually they're teachers amongst other things).

I speak sincerely when I say they "get me". For the first time, no matter how hidden it is, they know when I hurt, when i love, when i'm silly, when i'm ridiculous, when i'm drunk, when i'm beyond drunk, when i need to be checked, when i need a hug and when i just need them.

this is nothing short of a miracle.

i love you. you are my heart.

OK OK OK Enough of the lovefest...point is remember the incremental miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment