Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This is not a fucking soccer blog...

But that shit just happens to be on my mind so you can deal with it. The world cup ends on Sunday fuckers.

Two reasons i love Bill Simmons especially his comments on the world cup.

One...

Question No. 13: If you could change anything about soccer, what would it be?

I hate how teams milk leads in the last 15-20 minutes by faking injuries and taking forever to sub players. When that Ghana player had to be carried off on a stretcher at the tail end of the America game, then hopped off like nothing ever happened as soon as the stretcher was out of bounds, I thought that was appalling. Actually, it made me want to go to war with Ghana. I wanted to invade them. I'm not even kidding. That's another great thing about the World Cup: Name another sport in which you genuinely want to invade other countries when you lose.

Now obviously given my below post I was pulling for the lone stars of the African nation....but that shit is fucking annoying. You know damn well you are too big, strong and athletic to be rolling around like little girls after getting kicked in the shins by other little girls. This is the most uncool thing about professional mens soccer. I mean for christ sake...

This is the WPS (Womens Professional Soccer, assholes) compliments of the weekend and this is a more legitimate than anything I've seen in the World Cup (with maybe todays bicycle kick to the face as the only thing coming close) ... and they both got up!

Two...

Question No. 14: What's been the strangest thing about the 2010 World Cup?

To hear Germany described in such likable, underdoggy tones. Who would have thought these young upstarts would jell this fast? It's like the announcers were talking about the 2008 Tampa Bay Rays or something … if the Tampa Bay Rays had started two world wars and nearly brought down Europe.

Pure Comedy. Thank you Bill. Whats a little genocide humor to lighted up the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment